The Presidential Commission for the Study of Bioethical Issues (PCSBI) encourages comments. PCSBI cannot respond to every comment. PCSBI reviews comments before they are posted. To ensure a respectful dialogue, PCSBI will require the following guidelines be followed by all commenters:
- Stay focused. All viewpoints are welcome, but comments and links should remain relevant to the topics being discussed.
- Be respectful. Personal attacks, profanity, and aggressive behavior are prohibited. Instigating arguments in a disrespectful way is also prohibited.
- Tell the truth. Misleading or false information and unsupported accusations are prohibited.
- No spam. Repeated posting of identical or very similar content in a counter-productive manner is prohibited.
- No product endorsement. Share your experience without naming a specific product or service. Marketing or promotion of a particular vendor, product, or service is prohibited.
We retain the discretion to determine which comments violate our comment policy. We also reserve the right to remove and/or not allow comments to be posted. The views expressed within posted comments do not necessarily reflect those of the Presidential Commission for the Study of Bioethical Issues (PCSBI), the U.S. Department of Health and Human Services, or the federal government. Reporters, journalists, and other media professionals are requested to contact PCSBI’s Communications Director at 202-233-3960 and to refrain from submitting questions here as comments. These types of questions will not be posted or answered. We recognize that the web is a 24/7 medium, and your comments are welcome at any time. However, given the need to manage federal resources, moderating and posting comments will occur during regular business hours (8-6 p.m., M-F, except for federal holidays). Comments submitted after hours or on weekends or holidays will be read and posted as early as possible the next business day. To protect your own privacy and the privacy of others, please do not include phone numbers, email addresses or any other personal identifiable information in the body of your comment.