We encourage comments on the Presidential Commission for the Study of Bioethical Issues’ Blog. We can’t respond to every comment, but we do review comments before they’re posted. To ensure a respectful dialogue we ask that you observe the following guidelines:
- Stay focused. All viewpoints are welcome, but comments and links should remain relevant to the health information technology topics being discussed.
- Be respectful. Personal attacks, profanity, and aggressive behavior are prohibited. Instigating arguments in a disrespectful way is also prohibited.
- Tell the truth. Misleading or false information and unsupported accusations are prohibited.
- No spam. Repeated posting of identical or very similar content in a counter-productive manner is prohibited.
- No product endorsement. Share your experience without naming a specific product or service. Marketing or promotion of a particular vendor, product, or service is prohibited.
We retain the discretion to determine which comments violate our comment policy. We also reserve the right to remove and/or not allow comments to get posted. The views expressed within posted comments do not necessarily reflect those of the Presidential Commission for the Study of Bioethical Issues (PCSBI), the U.S. Department of Health and Human Services, or the federal government. Reporters, journalists, and other media professionals are requested to contact PCSBI’s Communications Director at 202-233-3960 and to refrain from submitting questions here as comments. These types of questions will not be posted or answered. We recognize that the web is a 24/7 medium, and your comments are welcome at any time. However, given the need to manage federal resources, moderating and posting comments will occur during regular business hours (8-6 p.m., M-F, except for federal holidays). Comments submitted after hours or on weekends or holidays will be read and posted as early as possible the next business day. To protect your own privacy and the privacy of others, please do not include phone numbers, email addresses or any other personal identifiable information in the body of your comment. This comment policy is valid for all discussions on any HHS managed forum. Thank you for taking the time to review our comment policy. We encourage your participation in our discussion and look forward to an active exchange of ideas.